Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mom! Don't Forget Me!

+AMDG+


Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me;
my LORD has forgotten me.”
Can a mother forget her infant,
be without tenderness for the child of her womb?
Even should she forget,
I will never forget you.

-Isaiah 49:14-15

The love of a parent for a child is such a powerful force. It can change and transform a child into a beautiful and wonderful person. That love can help a child grow, overcome adversity, heal a wound, accept a reality, cause a child to keep fighting and most importantly can cause a child to become  an adult. The knowledge that becomes passed down will hopefully enlighten and inspire. The love that is passed down will hopefully change and transform for the better.

I think of my own mom and dad who have caused me to grow. Dad challenges me to strive for better, to not settle and to think of the future. Mom challenges me to be present to the person who needs my love the most, to consider others in my life first and to learn how to run a home. I am an intelligent person and I wonder how much of that is attributed to my mother who never doubted for a second that I was anything but that.

Now I think of that love of a parent and the Lord tells us through Isaiah that your parent will forget you before I will... wow that is powerful. Imagine a love even greater, a love that seeks to protect you, envelope you and develop you. A love that accepts you as well as pushes you to become more than what you currently are. A love that says, "Be not afraid!' Another way to say that is "do not limit yourself! Be limitless! Do not hold yourself back by fear and live with the pain of regret. Seek to live life to the fullest and make everyone else's life better in the process. Share my love with everyone!" Love is so powerful that it is the very fabric of the universe itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment