Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Reunion over 2000 years old

+AMDG+
Today was one of those days where amazing things happened. Everything kind of happened just on time. I went to go see the relics of Mary Magdalene and it was just so profound. This woman was the first person to see the resurrected Jesus... Let me say that again. THE FIRST PERSON! Yeah she's kind of a big deal. People know her. And I venerated her relic! And what SON!

I just couldn't help but think that here is this person's tibia who has been dead for almost 2000 years. She is older than the whole Church. She is instrumental in giving courage to the apostles. As we were in the chapel I couldn't help but notice that she was again with Jesus. Here she is again in front of the Resurrected Lord in the Eucharist.

It was powerful... I hope those graces rub off on me and I could be a better witness to Christ. Today was a reminder that I need to step up my game and stop lacking soo much. But God is in that too whether I see him or not. Hopefully I will see him in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment