Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just put it in the sink

+AMDG+




After Jesus had spoken,
a Pharisee invited him to dine at his home.
He entered and reclined at table to eat.
The Pharisee was amazed to see
that he did not observe the prescribed washing before the meal.
The Lord said to him, “Oh you Pharisees!
Although you cleanse the outside of the cup and the dish,
inside you are filled with plunder and evil.
You fools!
Did not the maker of the outside also make the inside?
But as to what is within, give alms,
and behold, everything will be clean for you.”

Jesus Christ is Lord!

God is really incredible. He calls us to be faithful to Him. I have been praying the Jesus Prayer recently and trying to pray the rosary in the morning as well and I feel a change happening in my life. Simply put, I am willing to give more. I don't know how to describe the change that is taking place inside my heart. It kind of feels like a plant, I have all these different components that are there for the plant to grow; but until I put them together and in the right order nothing will happen. God has given me the water and the light for my growth and the world has given me the manure. And God tells me, "Even though you are given what might seem like waste to everyone else, I will make something beautiful come out of it." For it is God's Love that causes our growth. Even our very conversion is a gift from God.

"Did not the maker of the outside also make the inside?
But as to what is within, give alms,
and behold, everything will be clean for you."

When listening to this Gospel passage the message to me is very simple: Give to others and God will do the rest.

In giving of ourselves, our time, our money, or anything that we hold as valuable to others we begin to make more room for God's grace to change us. God is all about unity, oneness, purity. That is why Our Lord gives us His very Body so we can have all these things. He gives us the Eucharist, His Body, so we can have communion with one another and Jesus. He made us members of the One Church, His Body, so that we can always be one with him even when we don't "feel" connected to Him. He has also given us the sacraments which cleanse us of our sins, to help us have that purity of heart which will see God.

The best part of all of this is that God wants to do this for us and all we have to do is let Him.

"Everything will be clean FOR YOU." All we have to do is give alms, is give of ourselves to others and the Lord will work on us and in us. He will clean us. So the question is will we let God love us enough to clean us? Or a cheesy way of putting it: Will we let God do our dirty dishes for us?

"There's the sink, hop to it Lord! Those dishes ain't gonna do themselves!"

Pray well!

No comments:

Post a Comment