Tuesday, October 19, 2010

That's a lot of Peaces

+AMDG+


Here are the readings for today.

"Brothers and sisters:
You were at that time without Christ,
alienated from the community of Israel
and strangers to the covenants of promise,
without hope and without God in the world.
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off
have become near by the Blood of Christ.

For he is our peace..." - Ephesians 2:11-14

I remember that to long ago that was me. I had no idea of the beautiful faith I was given. I had no idea of my ancestors in the faith, no idea of the covenant that God made with us, I had no hope, and just about the only thing I had was a world without God.

"But now in Christ Jesus you who were once far off have become near by the Blood of Christ."

And also for me by his Body. The Eucharist and adoration helped to bring me back to God. It is a place that I don't want to leave. This quote I read today from Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection summed it up, "Let us often reflect, my dear Mother, that our only concern in this life is to please God: What can anything else be but folly and vanity?"

This is the book I go the quote from.

The other thought that came to mind during the readings was the word "peace."

The word peace is said today in the readings 10 times including the Psalms. That is a lot. I think today I realized something that I never really thought about before. I think peace is the absence of conflict. I think it is something that I can achieve when I have everything under control. Like when I have my anger under control then I am peaceful. But peace is a gift from God, it is not something that I do but something I receive. When I go to the dentist to get "my teeth fixed" it is the dentist that fixes them, I just sit in the chair and let him work.

Lord continue to give me the gift of Your peace and help me open your gift.

Pray well!

No comments:

Post a Comment