Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How much has God entrusted to you?

+AMDG+


Here are the readings for today.

(The end of the parable Jesus was telling.)

"That servant who knew his master’s will
but did not make preparations nor act in accord with his will
shall be beaten severely;
and the servant who was ignorant of his master’s will
but acted in a way deserving of a severe beating
shall be beaten only lightly.
Much will be required of the person entrusted with much,
and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.”


Are we a people entrusted with more? How much have we've been given and how much do we do with what we've been given? In NYC we have access to hundreds of parishes, different churches with adoration available, confessions are heard daily and yet do we use them to deepen our relationship with Jesus?

I know for myself I tend to hoard what I have been given. I tend not to lend them out either because of fear that I won't get them back at all. Whether it is video games, movies, or books I am fearful that the little that I have will be taken away.

I see this hoarding in my relationships with others and God. The gifts that God has given me, I try to keep and protect so I never lose them. I became the servant that buries the talent instead of trying to find ways to multiply it for my Master. A couple of years ago I was hurt pretty bad by some friends and I found myself being closed off to everyone. This was until very recently. I kept thinking I was living out my Catholic faith by "not throwing pearls before swines;" and I kept ignoring the voice of the Lord calling me to reconcile this part of my life. This was my attitude towards God:


And this was His respond towards me:


But because I was able to let go of that past anger and hurt, I have found much deeper friendships with more people. People who I can share my heart with and they can share theirs with me.

Thank you God for calling us to healing and to point our to us that we are not using what you have given us to better the Kingdom!

Pray well!

No comments:

Post a Comment