Friday, February 26, 2010

Go First and Reconcile with Your Brother

+AMDG+
The Brothers Morgan-Núñez

Here are the readings for today.

Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar,
and there recall that your brother
has anything against you,
leave your gift there at the altar,
go first and be reconciled with your brother,
and then come and offer your gift.
- Matthew 5:23-24

I will keep this short today because the reading is simple. My brother and I had a fight the other day. We sometimes don't see eye to eye and the other day was one of those days. I just ask that you think of people who you are at odds with offer the olive branch. Try your best to reconcile so you can be at peace with one another. There is a great expression I've heard a while ago:

"Unforgiveness is like drinking the poison and hoping the other person dies"

For me it is always a pride issue. I need to let go of that. Any time is a great time to do that especially Lent. Reconcile as best you can because the Lord wants us all to be one and one with Him and the Father (John 17:22).

Reconcile and let go and you could have fun like this video shows!


No comments:

Post a Comment