Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Day in Your Courts

+AMDG+ 


My soul yearns and pines 
for the courts of the LORD.
My heart and my flesh
cry out for the living God. 
I had rather one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I had rather lie at the threshold of the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
-Psalm 84: 3, 11

The language is very different from the Biblical Times to now. How does one begin to translate this for today's ears? The idea of a royal court in today's post-post- modern setting is something that is out of the experience for most people. I know if I compared it to the White House that I would definitely not want to spend a 1,000 days there. If I had to translate this for me I think my court would consist of a series of my favorite restaurants all lined up. Each one had window seating available and some amazing friends that I can enjoy my life with. Living the best with the best! My heart and soul cry out for the Living God and for those who live his message out in their life. To spend time with people who love God and do not have a myopic view of life. To be able to be with different people and see how God woke them up from their life. To hear beautiful stories of how the Lord worked in their life WITH good food! That sounds like heaven to me! I never sit to think of what heaven will be like. Maybe it is something everyone could spend some time reflecting on. I do hope it does not mean court like a basketball court because I am not very good at basketball :/

No comments:

Post a Comment