Sunday, February 9, 2014

Live Your Life as Honestly as You Can

+AMDG+


I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling, and my message and my proclamation were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of Spirit and power, so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God.
1 Cor 2:3-5

I have come to see how right St. Paul is because of experiences of my life. I have come to learn that your faith must rest on the power of God and not on pretty words and arguments. Looking back on my life I can see how I came to the faith in stages. I learned many different key concepts that made my understanding of God take shape. I will expand on it more over time, but for now here is the short version. It started when I came back to believing in God after being atheist for a number of years. Studying philosophy and theology made me make an intellectual choice. I came to know the role of a, Christian, or a follower of Jesus, through reading the book The Wounded Healer. I came to know the suffering Christ in my depression. I came to know the healing power of God through the healing of my depression and the healing of my relationship with my father. It was living in the monastery that taught me to accept others as they are which in turn taught me to accept myself as I am. The deeper connections always happened when I saw the faith being lived out. So I guess my message today is really simple. Practice your faith because you never know who it will inspire on any part of their journey. Live you life as honestly as you can. Always be a witness to the power of God in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment