Saturday, February 15, 2014

This Miracle Didn't Happen

+AMDG+

He ordered the crowd to sit down on the ground.
Then, taking the seven loaves he gave thanks, broke them,
and gave them to his disciples to distribute,
and they distributed them to the crowd.
They also had a few fish.
He said the blessing over them
and ordered them distributed also.
They ate and were satisfied.
They picked up the fragments left over–seven baskets.
There were about four thousand people.
- Mark 6-9

"You know this miracle didn't really happen right?" Someone told me this one day about this miracle. 
"What do you mean?" I said.
"Well Jesus didn't really multiply the food. He just broke what he was given, handled it out and every was inspired to share their food! Everyone already had their own food with them and they all shared their food with each other! The real miracle was that he taught people to share!" Now I am not sure what happened next. The next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital and the doctor told me that I was knocked unconscious because my eyes rolled so far back in my head that they almost caused brain damage. I keep thinking of Ralph Wiggim from the Simpsons. "The real miracle is sharing!"


Would you like to share my paste? Its a miracle!

I just remember thinking that God was a kindergarten teacher or something. I just thought, no, my God is bigger than that. Why couldn't Jesus do this? He is so in tune with the physical and spiritual laws that govern the universe because he is sinless  AND God, why couldn't He do this? Why couldn't Jesus tap into spiritual dimension and reshape and form the same matter that baker used to make the food? Jesus just did it differently. We are talking about one of the highest spiritually realized individuals who have ever graced the planet and we do not think he could do something as simple as make more food? So Jesus can become incarnate, take our sins upon Himself, suffer, die, open the gates of heaven and RESURRECT, but he can't make more food; that's crazy!!!! St. Augustine has a great quote about miracle: 

Miracles do not happen in contradiction with nature, 
but in contradiction with what we know about nature. 
-St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment