Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm Slipping!

+AMDG+


When I say, “My foot is slipping,”
your mercy, O LORD, sustains me;
When cares abound within me,
your comfort gladdens my soul. 
-Psalm 94:18-19


I am so glad that I can make mistakes and learn from them. Slipping is not a sin yet we feel self-conscious about it because it is these mistakes that reminds us that we are not perfect. It takes a lot of hard work to realize to uproot the idea of being perfect. When Jesus calls us to be perfect like our Heavenly Father, I believe He is calling us to live an authentic life. He calls us to live a life where we do not have duplicity. It is not an error free life but a life where one truly lives by their principles.
Acceptance and Help.

There is something very comforting in acceptance. To be able to let go of how we think something should be and to live with it the way it actually is a grace. It is something that comes from a wound that needs healing. It comes from a person who realizes that self-medication has not worked, is no longer working and will work no longer. To accept the healing from a higher power or something bigger than us is the most basic step of having faith. To accept that I need help and to have the courage to ask for help is a very beautiful thing. I believe these are two huge steps a person needs to take if they want to take the spiritual life seriously. The third step would be gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment