Sunday, February 16, 2014

Whichever He Chooses Shall Be Given HIm.

+AMDG+


Before man are life and death, good and evil,
whichever he chooses shall be given him.
-Sirach 15:17


Sometimes I feel paralyzed by all the choices that are available. How can you decided which path to take? What path to follow? What job to accept? What kind of toothpaste to buy? I think it is something deeper. I think it is the consequences of those actions that can be scary. Saying yes to one thing and no to so many other choices. I have heard people say that this is the "Tyranny of Choice." So if I can't see what the best option is should I just sit still until the choice is made for me? I feel like that is something that I used to do and I no longer want to live like that.

The other way to look at it could be you have been given a tremendous gift. You have a choice of how to live your life and the person you want to become. You have a choice to bring Love to everyone's life. I think about this when I meet people who are just hurtful by their actions and presence. I think about whether I will be another person who adds to the pain this person is feeling in their life. It is a very easy reaction to have when someone seem like they are baiting you. The question, for me, becomes simply, will I choose to share the life of God or will I take a small piece of life from someone? Whatever we choose will happen. I think what makes choice so terrifying is all the power in choice to create the reality we choose to experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment