Saturday, February 8, 2014

Keep your pity, unless...

+AMDG+


When Jesus disembarked and saw the crowd,
His heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like a sheep without a shepherd,
and he began to teach them many things.
-Mark 6:34

KEEP YOUR PITY!!!! Wait, whose pity is it? Oh its from Jesus! Yeah I will take that pity! NO PROBLEM!!! Aww yeah!

If it was 14 years ago, then I would have agreed with this poster. I would think, I am not weak! You're weak! I would always look at weakness as something to crush and get rid of from your life. 14 years later I am weak in some different areas and some of the same areas. Weakness I can work with and in weakness the Lord meets me there. Weakness becomes strength when one can say, I need help here. This is different than a self-imposed limitation which says that nothing can be done about a situation. In limitations one chooses to believe that no other outcome is possible. Weakness say, "I can do something, it will take me a longer time, and it can be done."

God loves your weakness.

God can work with weakness. In fact God loves to work with weakness because when you are weak, you know you need to draw from a different source for strength. The Lord is that strength and these are usually the key moments when we realize that we need God. God loves to work with weakness because it is one of the few times we are honest enough to admit that we need help. Ego is dispensed for a moment and God is let in. When Jesus sees the people like a sheep without a shepherd, it is that moment when he knows they are ready to receive Him. The sheep knows it needs help and it is scared because there is no one to protect it and guide it. It is that moment of realization that is need for a real encounter with God. It is always better to be honest than positive.

 It is always better to be honest than positive. 

And whatever you do, do not be like this sheep!

No comments:

Post a Comment